General Terms and Conditions of Business (GTC)
1. Public Seminars
(1) Registration must be submitted in written form (by post, fax or e-mail/via our homepage).
(2) After submitting their registration participants receive written confirmation from PMI Production Management Institute GmbH (hereinafter: PMI), generally within one week of submission. This confirmation contains details of the event venue and timetable. If the venue and times of individual events have not been fixed at the time of registration, PMI will send separate notification of these details in good time and 4 weeks before the start of the event at the latest.
(3) As only a limited number of registrations can generally be accepted for individual seminars, registrations are processed in the order of their receipt. PMI will inform applicants immediately if a seminar is full.
(4) Confirmation of registration by PMI constitutes the conclusion of a legally binding contract.
1.2. Conditions of payment
(1) Confirmation of registration is accompanied by an invoice for the seminar fees, which are given exclusive of statutory applicable Value Added Tax unless otherwise specified.
(2) Seminar fees are payable upon receipt of the invoice and four weeks before the start of the seminar at the latest.
1.3. Seminar material
(1) Seminar material is issued to participants at the seminar as a general principle.
(2) Participants who have already paid their seminar fees may request seminar material to be sent in advance. Material is sent free of charge within Germany; postal charges for other countries will be invoiced to the participant separately.
(3) Seminar material is subject to copyright and may not be reproduced in whole or in part without express written permission by PMI.
1.4. Cancellation and non-attendance
(1) Participants may cancel their registration in writing up to four weeks before the start of the seminar without incurring charges.
(2) Later cancellations incur a processing charge of 25% of the seminar fee when submitted up to 2 weeks before the start of the seminar, and 50% of the seminar fee up to 1 week before the start of the seminar.
(3) No reimbursement of seminar fees can be made for cancellations within one week of the start of the seminar or for non-appearance without notification of cancellation.
(4) Participants are entitled to prove that PMI has sustained no loss or only an insignificant loss as a result of the cancellation.
(5) If a participant has already received seminar material, this material must be returned to PMI at the participant's expense within two weeks of cancellation. Material which is not returned within this period will be charged to the participant. The same applies to material which has been used and/or damaged.
1.5. Changes to registration
(1) Participants may change their registration to a different event date or event up to 2 weeks before the seminar. At a later date the participation can only be cancelled. Notification of this change must be in writing.
(2) A change in registration may only be made once and incurs a processing fee as follows: change in registration up to 4 weeks before the event: free of charge; change in registration later than 4 weeks before the event: 20% of seminar fee.
(3) Participants are entitled to prove that PMI has sustained no loss or only an insignificant loss as a result of the change in registration.
(4) Participants may nominate a replacement participant to take over their seminar fees. No extra charges are incurred by the participant in this case.
(5) A change in registration to a different seminar date has to be done within 8 weeks after the rescheduling request. Otherwise the change in registration will be treated as a cancellation.
1.6. Change in scope of programme
(1) The seminar programme is planned in advance and subject to ongoing quality controls. For this reason PMI is entitled to implement changes and advancements in the scope of the programme with respect to the content, method and organization to the extent necessary and provided the goal of the event is not fundamentally changed by doing so.
(2) PMI is entitled to replace planned speakers by equally qualified speakers when necessary (e.g. in the case of accident or illness).
(3) No entitlement to the performance of the event by a specific speaker or at a specific venue applies.
1.7. Inability to deliver / Cancellation by PMI
(1) In the event of force majeure PMI will be released from its obligation to deliver for the duration of the hindrance. Force majeure constitutes fire, industrial action, lockout, sudden illness on the part of speakers and other such circumstances beyond the control of PMI which significantly impair PMI in delivering performance or prevent it altogether.
(2) In such cases PMI may cancel the event.
(3) PMI retains the right to cancel events when insufficient registrations have been received. In this case cancellation must be announced 4 weeks before the start of the event at the latest.
(4) Seminar fees already paid will be reimbursed to the participants. Further liability and compensation claims not involving damage to life, limb or health are excluded, with the exception of cases of intent or gross negligence on the part of PMI, its representatives or their agents.
(5) In the case of cancellation by PMI, participants are entitled to change their registration to an alternative date free of charge. This change must be submitted in writing.
(6) If the participant has already received the seminar material and no request to change the registration is made within 3 weeks of PMI's cancellation notification, the seminar material must be returned to PMI within two further weeks at the participant's expense. Material which is not returned within this period will be charged to the participant. The same applies to material which has been used and/or damaged.
PMI accepts no liability for cases of theft, loss or damage to items brought to PMI events by the participant unless the theft, loss or damage is caused by a breach of duty based on intent or gross negligence on the part of PMI its representatives or their agents.
2. APICS EXAMS
(1) Registration must be made in written form (per post, fax or e-mail/via our homepage).
(2) As a rule, the participant receives a written confirmation and invoice from PMI Production Management Institute GmbH (hereinafter: PMI) on receipt of his registration for an exam within 1 week if the exam hasn't already been paid at an earlier time in form of an exam voucher.
(3) Confirmation of exam registration by PMI constitutes the conclusion of a legally binding contract.
2.2. Conditions of payment
(1) Confirmation of registration is accompanied by an invoice for the exam fee, plus the statutory applicable Value Added Tax unless otherwise specified.
(2) Exam fees are payable upon receipt of invoice.
2.3. Cancellation and non-attendance
(1) Changes to APICS Exam booking
Candidates who need to reschedule their exam date within their Authorization to test (ATT) period have to log in to their APICS account and follow the instructions provided. Pearson VUE will send a confirmation email of their rescheduled test. Candidates have to reschedule no later than 24 hours before the scheduled exam date and pay a $ 45 rescheduling fee. Reschedule requests less than 24 hours before the scheduled exam date will not be accepted, and if the candidate does not test, he forfeits the exam fee.
(2) Cancellation of an APICS Exam
Candidates who no longer can test within their originally selected date must cancel the exam at least 24 hours prior to the exam appointment and pay the USD $45 cancellation fee. They have to log in to their APICS account and follow the instructions provided. Pearson VUE will send a confirmation email of their cancelled test. If candidates do not provide 24-hour advance notice, their exam will go into a “no show” status. They will forfeit any exam fees paid and will need to purchase a new ATT.
(3) Exceptions Only the following are acceptable reasons for missing a scheduled exam
- a serious illness of either candidate or an immediate family member
- the death of an immediate family member
- a disabling traffic accident
- a court appearance or jury duty
- unexpected military duty
If candidates miss the exam for any of these reasons, they must contact Pearson VUE within 10 business days after the exam date at 866-583-8949. Candidates must submit written documentation in order to have a request reviewed. Examples of acceptable documentation include:
- a letter from a physician on letterhead, including title, address and phone number
- a death notice
- documentation from a court or the military
3. Exam voucher for an APICS / Factory Physics exam
(1) If an exam voucher is bought together with a seminar, the regulations as stated in point 1. “Public seminars“ are valid.
(3) As a rule, the participant receives from PMI Production Management Institute GmbH (hereinafter: PMI) within 1 week, a written confirmation of his voucher purchase with details of the validity of the exam voucher.
(4) The buyer is authorized to use this voucher, within 24 months of invoice date, as payment at PMI for the APICS (CPIM/CSCP/CLTD) or Factory Physics (Certified Factory Physics Fundamentals) exam as stated at time of voucher purchase. If an APICS voucher is purchased at the reduced APICS member price, the existence of a valid APICS membership is then regarded as a prerequisite when redeeming the voucher for payment of an exam. If this is not the case PMI is authorized to issue a valid invoice in the amount of the additional costs before proceeding with the exam registration.
(5) Confirmation of purchase by PMI constitutes the conclusion of a legally binding contract.
3.2. Cancellation and non-attendance
(1) The participant may cancel his contract according to the following cancellation fees and deadlines:
- up to 6 months before expiration: free of charge
- 6 months to 4 weeks before expiration: cancellation fee of 25% of voucher
- 4 weeks to 1 week before expiration: cancellation fee of 50% of voucher
- less than 1 week before expiration: no refund)
(2) Customers are entitled to prove that PMI has sustained no loss or only an insignificant loss as a result of the cancellation.
4. Concluding provisions
(1) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies.
(2) Unless otherwise specified in the registration, the place of fulfilment is the registered office of PMI.
(3) The registered office of PMI is the place of jurisdiction for participants who have relocated their residence or usual place of domicile out of the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany. This also applies if the residence or usual place of domicile of the participant are unknown at the date of the commencement of proceedings.
(4) No ancillary verbal agreements apply.
(5) If a provision of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes invalid in whole or in part, the validity of the remaining provisions will remain unaffected. The Agreement must be changed to replace an invalid provision with a legally permissible provision which most nearly approaches the intent of the invalid provision.
Version: March 2017