Young Professionals Day SCM & Logistics
The Young Professionals Day SCM and Logistics, which was launched by the PMI Production Management Institute, Planegg, and the trade magazine LOGISTIK HEUTE from the Munich HUSS-VERLAG, is a training initiative for young professionals.
Market leaders distinguish themselves from the competition through a successful and well-established Sales & Operations Planning process. Company teams participating in the Young Professionals Day SCM and Logistics will therefore be tested in 2023 for their ability to collaborate across departments. Can they set up and implement a functioning demand & supply process in a short time? Can customer wishes be implemented? Which key figures and KPIs help and are they interpreted and understood correctly?
What is the training day about?
- To promote teamwork and networked thinking and to highlight them as a competitive advantage.
- To master concrete supply chain challenges in a team in a realistic manner within the framework of an SCM simulation game.
- To train conscious action – through a clear distribution of roles in supply chain, sales, purchasing and production.
- Quickly capture and analyze data and prioritize important decisions under time constraints.
- Question the weighting of individual goals to maximize the overall result.
- Develop conflict solutions.
- To take important insights as a team into your own everyday business.
In the action-oriented training format, The Fresh Connection uses a realistic business simulation. The SCM simulation game is about a fruit juice company in economic turmoil. There seem to be a variety of logistical weaknesses in the supply chain. A new management team now has the task of steering the company out of the crisis. The teams, which each occupy the roles of purchasing, production, sales and supply chain, must lead the fruit juice manufacturer to a positive ROI (return on investment).
Show expertise and team spirit
The young professionals require SCM knowledge and team spirit in order to take the best tactically and strategically decisions for the company. Participating teams compete against each other. The best teams will receive attractive prizes: The winning team will receive a digital 1-year subscription to the trade magazine LOGISTIK HEUTE for each team member. The second-placed team will receive a textbook "Grundlagen der Logistik" from the Munich-based HUSS-VERLAG for each team member. For each team member, the third-placed team will receive a textbook "Innovationen der Logistik" from the Munich-based HUSS-VERLAG.
Will it continue after the training day?
Participating teams also qualify for the online competition The Fresh Connection Global PRO Challenge, in which teams from the D-A-CH pool (Germany-Austria-Switzerland) take part annually either in the period from April-May or September-October. The best teams from the D-A-CH pool will be invited to the "Global PRO Final" in November, where they will fight for the main prize of the challenge: an Executive Supply Chain Management Training for the winning team!
LOGISTIK HEUTE will report both visually and in written form over this education event.
- 1 day education “Young Professionals Day”, topic “Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)”.
- All participating teams compete against each other in a competition:
- The winning team receives a digital 1-year subscription to the trade journal LOGISTIK HEUTE for each team member. The second-placed team will receive a specialist book “Innovations in Logistics” from HUSS-VERLAG in Munich for each team member. The third-placed team will receive a specialist book “Ways into the digitized warehouse” from HUSS-VERLAG in Munich for each team member
- The winning team will be presented with a certificate, all other teams will receive certificates of participation.
- Qualification for the online competition The Fresh Connection Global Professional Challenge, in which teams of four compete annually in the period April-May or September-October, initially in country pools, and with increasing complexity in a dynamic environment. The best teams from the D-A-CH pool (Germany-Austria-Switzerland) will be invited to the Global PRO Final in November, where they will compete against other teams from around the globe for the main prize of the challenge: an Executive Supply Chain Management Training for the winning team!
- Additional services (per Team):
Individual team debriefing of the teams decisions and results within the business simulation – web conference after the event. Appointment will be arranged individually with each team. Fee: € 200.– plus VAT.
Company teams of 3 to 4 Young Professionals (about 3 to 5 years of work experience), single registrations not possible.
Matthias Pieringer, Chief Editor LOGISTIK HEUTE
Andrea Walbert, CPIM, CSCP, PLS, CDDP, CLTD. SCOR-P
Managing Partner, PMI Production Management Institute GmbH, Planegg
University of Applied Sciences Munich, Campus Pasing
(subject to change)
- by 9:00: Arrival and Get-together
- 9:00: Welcome and introduction of participants
Matthias Pieringer, Deputy Chief Editor LOGISTIK HEUTE
- 9:30: Basics of Supply Chain Risk Management and introduction of the business simulation “The Fresh Connection”
Trainer: Andrea Walbert, Managing Director, PMI Production Management Institute GmbH
- 10:30: Round 1
- 12:00: Lunch
- 13:00: Round 2
- 14:30: Coffee break
- 15:00: Round 3
- 16:30: Coffee break
- 16:45: Summary of results and award ceremony
- 18:00: End
2. Young Professionals Day 2019: Foto Galery 2019
2. Young Professionals Day 2018: Foto Galery 2018
Interview 2. Young Professionals Day 2017: Video