Factory Physics Fundamentals
What is a perfect world for managers? In this world all demand is met on-time at minimal cost. There are always zero raw materials and zero finished goods inventory. Machines never break down, people always show up on time, and there are never any quality defects – maximum utilization with perfect quality. This provides maximum cash flow and profit with perfect customer service. Unfortunately we live in the real world and wishing for or working toward achieving a perfect world is an exercise in frustration. There is one word that prevents managers from attaining the perfect world: variability.
Factory Physics® can help managers understand and apply practical operations science to make the best of their world with all its variability in product mix, demand, people, and processes. However, compared with Lean or Six Sigma, Factory Physics® is different because it defines the operations science anyone can use right now to establish better control and improve performance. Nevertheless, it enables companies to focus and accelerate existing Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma efforts without eliminating those resources! The Factory Physics® approach makes manufacturing and supply chain control easier. The science is based on the award-winning book “Factory Physics®” and more recently on McGraw Hill’s lead business title “Factory Physics® for Managers”.
The Factory Physics® Fundamentals includes the following topics:
- Financial Measures
- Basic Factory Dynamics
- Variability Basics
- Corrupting Influence of Variability
- Calculating Capacity and Utilization
- Understanding Cycle Time
- Optimizing and Managing Inventory
- Factory Physics® Sales and Operations Planning S&OP
Participants to the Factory Physics® Fundamentals seminar will understand how to apply the practical science to their company, there are as many different combinations of efforts as there are companies, but the Factory Physics® approach enables the company to adapt the appropriate elements to solve your unique challenges:
- Improve on time delivery and cash flow, optimize inventory and lower costs
- Resolve conflicts and fill in the gaps between Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints and other frameworks. Focus on the company’s productivity initiatives to achieve the company's business goals.
- Factory Physics® principles and tools work using practical science, not slogans, so you can make more money faster
- Understand and resolve conflicting objectives, e.g. less inventory vs. higher customer service or higher utilization vs. shorter cycle times
- Demonstrate examples of the application of Factory Physics® principles in practice
The Factory Physics® Fundamentals seminar is ideal for those professionals and organizations that want to implement and practice high-level manufacturing and supply chain operations. This program is an excellent place for professionals such as Manufacturing and Supply Chain Operations Executives, Planning and Production Control Managers and anyone trying to improve performance of the company's operation.
The Factory Physics® Fundamentals Seminar is official preparatory education for the “Certified in Factory Physics® Fundamentals”.
The Factory Physics® Fundamentals seminar is a mix of case studies, quiz questions, knowledge and best practice transfer via presentation. It also includes hands-on exercises and computer simulation illustrations. Exercises to repeat the content, knowledge tests and other exercises during the session and at the end of each session, ensure, that the trainer receives an immediate feedback on the knowledge transfer success.
To guarantee the best interaction with and within the group we recommend a group size of maximum 16 participants.