Most supply chains suffer from excessive inventories, capacity under- or over-utilization and struggle to meet promised service levels. The reason for this is the reliance on demand forecasts that cause inventory levels to be unbalanced and planners to spend much of their time changing and adjusting schedules to avoid backorders. This fire-fighting causes ineffective capacity management, long lead-times, high inventories and instable operations.
Demand-Driven Material Requirements Planning (DDMRP) is a method to model, plan and manage supply chains to protect and promote the flow of relevant information and materials. DDMRP uses strategic decoupling points to drive supply order generation and management throughout a supply chain. DDMRP ensures that companies make what can and will be sold, in contrast to the traditional push and promote process that drives what can and will be made. The Demand Driven Planner (DDP)™ Program is the preparation for implementing and maintaining a Demand Driven Operating Model (DDOM).
The Demand Driven Planner (DDP)™ program is comprised of 13 modules of in-depth DDMRP education:
- Module 1: Planning in the Modern World
- Module 2: The Importance of Flow
- Module 3: Unlocking a Solution - Decoupling
- Module 4: Becoming Demand Driven
- Module 5: Strategic Inventory Positioning
- Module 6: Distribution Network Positioning
- Module 7: Buffer Profiles and Levels
- Module 8: Dynamic Buffer Adjustments
- Module 9: Demand Driven Planning
- Module 10: Highly Visible and Collaborative Execution
- Module 11: DDMRP and the Operational Environment
- Module 12: Demand Driven Sales and Operations Planning
- Module 13: Program Summary
Participants to the DDP™ seminar learn the principles of Demand Driven MRP (DDMRP) and how these principles are applied to provide a sustainable competitive advantage for a manufacturing or distribution company. They also obtain a deep insight into the 5 components of DDMRP and how to determine and apply the required decisions and parameters. Participants learn the necessary common DDMRP terminology and definitions in order to speak the same language.
This seminar will help you to
- Understand why planning as its done today just doesn't work and how to fix it without reengineering the entire company.
- How to deal with an unpredictable market where demand is dynamic and creating a planning and execution environment that manufacturing can successfully follow while lowering your internal costs.
- Create a lead time advantage over your competitors by understanding the key elements of reducing lead time.
- Leverage inventory in ways not understood prior which go beyond just simply placing stocks everywhere.
The Demand Driven Planner (DDP)™ Program is designed for planning, purchasing and supply chain personnel responsible for implementing and maintaining a Demand Driven Operating Model (DDOM).
The Demand Driven Planner (DDP)™ Program is official preparatory education for the Demand Driven Planner Professional (DDPP)™. The Demand Driven Planner Professional (DDPP)™ is a professional endorsement certification offered by the Demand Driven Institute, the global authority for Demand Driven education, training, certification and compliance.
The DDPP™ is earned by an individual who can apply the demand driven concepts, analyze an environment and evaluate an environment using the Demand Driven Material Requirements Planning (DDMRP) methodology. For more information on the DDPP endorsement certification process visit the Demand Driven Planner Professional (DDPP)™ page.
The DDP™ seminar is a mix of case studies, quiz questions and knowledge and best practice transfer via presentation. Exercises to repeat the content, knowledge tests and other exercises during the session and at the end of each session, ensure, that the trainer receives an immediate feedback on the knowledge transfer success.
Duration: 2 days (training only), 3 days training with DDMRP Simulation
Onsite: each day from 08.30 – 17.30, the last day from 8.30 – 17.00.
Virtual Classroom: each day from 09.00 – 17.00.
Onsite and online class: English (training material and language of instruction); in case of a German speaking audience only, the trainer could also teach in German, nevertheless the training material will be in English. An advanced level of English is necessary (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Minimum Level B1
Onsite € 1.590,- (plus VAT),
Onsite with DDMRP Simulation € 2.090,- (plus VAT).
Virtual Classroom€ 1.490,- (plus VAT),
Virtual Classroom with DDMRP Simulation € 1.940,- (plus VAT).
Including 2 or 3 training days, DDI training material, refreshments and lunch at the seminar location (onsite seminar).
In addition, we offer you attractive bulk discounts already from the 2nd participant.