APICS CPIM Part 1
As the global environment is changing at an ever increasing pace, companies need to be able to adapt and innovate more rapidly in order to remain competitive. To realize the adaptability and innovation needed in today’s marketplace, all functional areas within the organization must work together to manage the complete flow of materials from suppliers to customers.
The APICS CPIM Part 1 seminar covers the frameworks and the body of knowledge necessary to execute, control and improve all internal operations of an organization.
The CPIM Part 1 seminar is the fundamental introduction into Supply Chain Management. This seminar explains Supply Chain terminology and basic concepts related to managing the complete flow of materials from suppliers to customers:
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- Demand Management
- Master Planning
- Material Requirements Planning
- Capacity Management
- Inventory Management
- Execution and Control
- Physical Distribution
- Continuous Improvement
Participants to the CPIM part 1 seminar
- learn to understand the interactions and inter-dependencies across the functions and the often conflicting pressures and imperatives of the various participants within an organization.
- gain insights into how the various pieces work together and what tools, approaches, technologies and measurements support and encourage achievement of supply chain objectives.
- learn about tools and techniques to help to improve operations, increase customer satisfaction and company profit.
- learn the necessary common terminology and definitions in order to speak the same language in the supply chain area.
The CPIM Part 1 seminar is designed for individuals working directly in the supply chain and in supply chain related functions, who would like to learn, understand and apply the basics of the Supply Chain processes and terminology. Examples of supply chain functions are amongst others
- Material / Product Planner
- Material Manager
- Supply Planner
- Supply Chain / Operations consultant
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Inventory Planner / Analyst
- Demand Planner / Analyst
- Supply Chain Manager
Examples of supply chain related functions are amongst others
- Purchasing / Procurement Manager / Agent
- Operations Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Warehouse Manager
- Transport Planner
- ERP Consultant
- Customer Service Agent / Manager.
Furthermore the CPIM Part 1 seminar is designed for all individuals who would like to get the designation Certified in Planning and Inventory Management (CPIM).
CPIM Part 1 can be concluded with an official APICS exam. Participants who successfully complete the exam will receive a CPIM Part 1 certificate.
A candidate who passes both CPIM exams will receive a personalized certificate "Certified in Planning and Inventory Management". The candidate is also entitled to use the acronym CPIM as a title.
The CPIM Part 1 seminar is a mix of case studies, quiz questions, interactive role play, videos, serious games, knowledge and best practice transfer via presentation. The seminars are delivered in English and all training materials are in English as well. Exercises to repeat the content, knowledge tests and other exercises during the session and at the end of each session, ensure, that the trainer receives an immediate feedback on the knowledge transfer success.
To guarantee the best interaction with and within the group we recommend a group size of maximum 16 participants.